Friday, March 28, 2008

The Look for Less

I just came across this article in this months Harpers Bazaar.  It's all about cheap chic and how "true style setters" don't solely rely on super expensive high end designer clothes to be fashion forward anymore. They mix high and low like Kate (yes again) in this picture above.  This is what I find interesting..... Fashion insiders and leaders are acting like this is some new thing..  all of a sudden shopping at Target and Thrift Stores is cool and fashion forward. SO ANNOYING. Us "real" people, with "real" bank accounts have been doing this since the beginning of time. I remember back in high school (and yes this was a long, very long time ago) we would shop the thrift stores looking for cool finds to go with our "expensive" Guess jeans. Even just 3 years ago I rocked a Chloe bag with a dress I got from Ross. Nice to know the fashion "leaders" are leading.

Source: Bazaar

No comments: